Quesadillas with a Twist!
We've recently had to cut down on expenses and one of them was eating out! So today we had to do a bit of inventory and see what we had and what to combine together in order to make it a good meal for dinner. On top of our list were flour tortillas, cheese, sweet corn, and red kidney beans. I have to say it was very delicious and very easy to make. Now my husband loves tortillas if it were up to him he would eat quesadillas every day, I on the other can't I need more than just tortillas and cheese especially with my pregnancy, I need more vitamins.
Now this recipe is very easy to make all you need is:
- A packet of Tortillas ( of your choice)
- Cheese (shredded or the bar kind)
- A can of Sweet Corn
- A can of Red Kidney Beans
Once you have all your ingredients, you can start making it.
- First, you drain the beans and the corn add any seasoning you would like to add. We added some chili powder on ours. You then heat up the beans and corn in a small or medium saucepan.
- Second, on Medium heat up another saucepan big enough to place a whole tortilla, don't forget to add butter that way it doesn't stick, wait about three minutes and flip it over you start adding your cheese, beans, and corn on half the tortilla.
- Third, you fold the tortilla over the filling and slightly press down wait three minutes or until it's brown then you flip it over.
- Once it is crispy and remove it from the saucepan and enjoy!
Now that's one way to make an easy yet cheap meal. Even my daughter loved it, luckily she isn't a picky eater.